Medic First Aid
This MEDIC FIRST Aid – BASIC PLUS course provides students with the basic know-how and necessary skills on how to properly respond immediately to workplace injuries or medical emergencies.
Who should attend this course?
This training is recommended for all individuals.
· Emergency First Aid Care
· Recognising an Emergency
· Deciding to Help
· Personal Safety
· Using Barriers
· Assessing for Response
· Mechanism for Spinal Injury
· Activating Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
· Primary Life-Supporting Skills
· Airway-Head-Tilt, Chin-Lift
· Clearing the airway – Long Roll
· Protecting the Airway – Recovery Position
· Breathing – Ventilation Mask
· Breathing – Ventilation Shield
· Circulation – Chest Compressions
· Initial Assessment
· Unresponsive Patient
· CPR for Cardiac Arrest
· Bare, Prepare and Place Pads
· Troubleshooting Messages
· Control of Bleeding
· Managing Shock
· Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
· Ongoing Assessment
· Warning Signs of Serious Illness
· Mechanism for Significant Injury
· Specific First Aid Problems
· Moving Patients
· Emotional Impact of Providing First Aid Care
· Hands-on skill practice
Participants will practice essential skills in small group practices and can also apply those skills in optional scenario-based practices.
A MEDIC FIRST AID wall certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Up to 2 years